Every home no matter perfectly looking may have some flaws. Here are a list of home defects to watch our for! make sure you keep this list as your guide for your next home viewing.
- Water leaks. Look for stains on ceilings and near the baseboards, especially in basements or attics.
- Shifting foundations. Look for large cracks along the home’s foundation.
- Drainage. Look for standing water, either around the foundation of the home of in the yard.
- Termites/Pests. Look for weakened or grooved wood, especially near ground level.
- Worn roofs. Look for broken or missing copings and buckled shingles as well as water spots on ceilings.
- Inadequate wiring. Look for antiquated fuse boxes, extension cords (indicating insufficient outlets), and outlets without a place to plug in the grounding prong.
- Plumbing problems. Very low water pressure, banging in pipes.
- Water damage. These are common in bathrooms. But don’t forget to check the other parts of the home too.
- Worn paint. Ask about lead painting especially for old houses.
- Squeaky doors. This includes cabinets.
These are just a few visual things you can look for while viewing homes….Once you have decided and are under contract to purchase a home a qualified home inspector should be hired. You want to make sure that your home investment is one you will enjoy when you move in!
Take a look at our featured listing: http://livingfayetteville.com